Sandwich and a Laugh

It has been said, that these things only happen to me. My friend Nathan said this. It is amazing sometimes how right he is. I want to share a recent visit to Subway with you, and extol the events that happened after.


This past Wednesday, I visited the Subway on St, Margaret’s Bay Rd. I frequent this location often, as it is close to work. On this particular day, I ordered a 6inch meatball sub. The girl cut the bun, but was unsuccessful in getting it cut properly. She ends up tearing the corner, then heaping the meatballs haphazardly on the 4.5 inches of good bun remaining. She then put the veggies on sparingly, (I only ask for 3 veggies, they could be a bit more generous) and I paid and went to eat it. I unrolled the paper, and I had to peel a piece of cheese from it. Apparently the cheese didn’t like the look of the sub either. Anyway, as I was eating, I heard a number of swear words emanating from the back area. The F-Bomb was passed around, and a bit of laughter. All well and good, except they are in a public place, and more importantly their workplace. I have little problem with the word itself, but when I visit an establishment, I would expect that professionalism would be order number 1. So I leave. I get back to work and decide to email Subway about my experience. This next part is where it gets funny. Nathan, make sure that you’re sitting down. I don’t want you to fall down laughing.

So two days pass, and it brings us to today. So far I have heard nothing. I decided that I’ll give the place another chance . ( Plus where else can you go and get a decent lunch in 30 minutes?) So I am in the restaurant, and their phone rings. The big guy who was cursing when I was there Wednesday answers it. It turns out the call was actually for him. I overheard the call, and to make a long story short, it was the owner chastising the guy for swearing while I was in there on Wednesday! What are the odds? It gets better folks. While I’m sitting eating, and reveling in my small win over the ignorant employee, MY phone rings. Luckily it was just on Vibrate. I didn’t recognize the number, but had a feeling I knew who it was. I exited the restaurant, and called the number back.

I was correct in who it was. The owner of the store was calling me. He had informed me that he had called the store, (Which I already knew) and said the guy with the potty mouth apologized.

I have to say that I got a good laugh out of this, and because the owner was so nice, (and because it’s so close to work) I will go back.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Another Teacher...... Another Rant. Justice Served?

The Dog is the Thing.......

An Update on Yours Truly